Stephen K. Tyring, M.D., Ph.D., is President of the Texas Dermatological Society (2009-2010). He is board certified by the American Board of Dermatology and is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, Infectious Disease Society of America, as well as the American Federation for Clinical Research.
Dr. Tyring sits on several editorial boards and serves as a reviewer for a number of journals including the New England Journal of Medicine, Lancet, Antiviral Research, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Archives of Dermatology, Journal of Infectious Diseases and Annals of Internal Medicine.
A principal investigator for over 200 successfully completed clinical trials, Dr. Tyring’s research interests include the therapy and prevention of various mucocutaneous diseases, especially those disorders with an infectious and/or immunological basis.
Dr. Tyring is the author of over 600 journal articles and book chapters as well as seven books:
- Interferon: Principals and Medical Applications
- Human Papillomaviruses: Clinical and Scientific Advances
- Mucocutaneous Manifestations of Viral Diseases
- Antiviral Agents, Vaccines and Immunotherapies
- Mucosal Immunology and Virology
- Tropical Dermatology
- Clinical and Basic Immunodermatology